Thursday, July 26, 2012

68 Bonnie part 1

alright here is the mighty frankenbonnie, also called the burn victim.
a good friend sold it to me pretty cheap and told me it was close to running
it looked like this
I did a bit of work to it and it ended up sort of looking like this
Up to the point I changed the seat, rear fender, tank, got some amal 932s and ripped out the electrical system for a hunt mag, it was running but rough... I then had it in my garage one day after a quick ride and it backfired after I shut it off burning some of the gas from the primer on the amals, it went up quick and took out the fuel line and the whole bike went up, it also took out my garage.   Now I have a nice sunroof and a lot of tarps as garage doors

Anyway I stripped the frame, cleaned up the engine, new gaskets all over, and had the pushrods changed because that was the rough running problem in the first place.
-new tank painted by jessie out of cleveland
-7 over springer for the AAE frame found by kevin out in New paltz
-vm32 mikunis off a BSA racer
 -old king queen  from a fellow 33'er
-and a swap find chopper stopper 21 up front  and we have it looking like this
Specs are as I know
AAE frame
ness'ish 7 over swap springer
21 chopper stopper up front 
narrow homemade straight Z's
70s king queen
70's twisted sissy
vm32s with VW v stacks off ebay
16 harley on the rear laced to a standard triumph axel/brake/ sprocket setup
68 t-120 bottom
aftermarket 71 big bore (750) top end
custom shift pattern and that trannie is definitely geared for the short game
13 plate clutch (stuffer plate added for some more oomph)

Just added a dual headlight , some non iphone pics coming up soon



No comments:

Post a Comment