Thursday, August 9, 2012

68 Bonnie Chop

Alright, so here is what became of my 68 Triumph build


Here's the laundry list on this bitch..
Bought from a friend who thought it just needed some "wiring"... Well we all know how that goes.  Got a mag, got it going and it caught fire and burned down my fucking garage. I'm not kidding.

Anyway.. I pushed on, ripped apart the bike, cleaned up the engine, new gaskets.. Along the way I
-rebuilt the kick quadrant
-new pushrods
-vintage king and queen
-vintage twisted sissy
-custom painted swazi tank by Jessie out in Cleveland
-Vintage AAE springer (6 over ish)
-old 21 chopstop mini drum up front with internals that I'm not using
-dual headlights
-joe hunt mag
-Harley 16 with converted triumph brake and sprocket
-new Avon Rubber (mk2 in the rear, speedmaster up front)
-clean and dialed mikuni VM32s with v stacks from an old VW bug
-new cables, fuel and oil lines, grips, ect
-redid the redid top end which is a 71 head 750 big bore kit
-new exhaust
-pre unit wheel tensioners and exhaust manifolds
-found out we have a geared for the short game engine, with a custom shift pattern (the original owner must have new his shit back in the day)

Anyway, it's a one kick little beast and I'm having fun on it.. More pics when I get some time to use a good camera.. Big thanks to Loffer from the Falls, Kevin out in New Paltz, vintage cycles, and Tony Dunn for parts and advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment